Monday, December 5, 2016

Today

It's been a long time since I've posted a new post on this blog.  I haven't picked up Street Fighter V, and I'm not likely to until it's been more thoroughly updated.  I did rent it and play it a bit, but it didn't grab me the way SFIV did when it was new.  Part of that was certainly the fact that there isn't tons of content on it yet, but the format and modes actually seemed to make it even harder to access the content that was there.  Once updated versions of SFV are out, I may wade in then.

In the meantime, although I've been pretty happy with the Ultra Street Fighter IV version on Steam, I'm seriously considering buying the PS4 downloadable port, just because I'd rather play it on the big TV on the Playstation, honestly.  I have never really taken to King of Fighters XIII although I have that on Steam too.  I'd like to rent XIV in the relatively short term, though, even though it's got some very, very odd entries in it (that guy in a dinosaur costume.  And what's with SNK always trying to stick Nakoruru in every title?  Augh! Blech!)  And Alice is now a playable character!  I guess I was ahead of the curve there, although she's been slightly redesigned (is now wearing a big over-sized t-shirt over her—admittedly rather immodest—traditional outfit.  They may have changed her last name on me too, and decided to make her "half Japanese."  Considering that she's still blond and blue-eyed, that's pretty absurd, but not unexpected, I suppose.

I haven't actually been playing all that much lately, although I've gotten back into SFIV just a bit as I've freed up enough time to be able to play just a bit here and there.  I've also broken out my PS2 on occasion and played some Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and a few other titles here and there.  I don't know that any of this means that I'm resuscitating this particular hobby or just dabbling with some nostalgia.

Am I ever going to write the fan fiction that I started?  I dunno.  Probably not.  I'm not very motivated, and I don't actually know where I'm going with it; I just got caught up in excitement about the characters, as I have done before.  But you never know.

No comments: