Wednesday, August 5, 2020


How well did I do? So far announced are four of the five new characters, and Dan, Oro and Rose are among them, as well as a character from Rival Schools (a game I never played and didn't know.) The fifth new character they're holding back on announcing for the time being. I figured Dan was likely, I thought Oro was one I wanted to see and thought the fact that he'd made several cameos made him more likely than I would have thought. Rose was one that I thought they'd pass on this time around, and I didn't see a Rival Schools character coming at all. 

There's several SF3 characters and at least one SF4 character that I thought were likely shoe-ins, although obviously there were too many for me to have expected them all to come in. I did expect to see Yun or Yang, Makoto and Dudley, or at least one of them, make the cut. And I really expected C. Viper to make the cut. I'd be very surprised if the 5th character isn't one of those.

I also expected at least one of the missing SF2 characters to pop in, but then again, maybe I should have been so surprised. The fact that they were missing this long clearly means that Capcom doesn't think that they're essential anymore. This will be the first major title to have not had all of the SF2 characters, though.

No comments: