Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 Summer Vacation DLC costume pack

Hard to image I'll find myself shelling out cash for DLC costumes going forward, but flush with excitement over the acquisition of USF4 in the first place, I sprung for the Summer Vacation costume pack.  For $20, you could get the entire set.  (The game itself costs $30 and includes all of the previous DLC costume packs.  The only costumes I'm missing are for the Ultra challengers if you have a Street Fighter x Tekken save game file.)

As is always the case, there are some pretty cool costumes, some that are kinda... "meh" and some that I can't stand.  All come in many colorful varieties, of course.  Here's what we've got, including some commentary.  Check out this link to see the actual images.

Cool costumes: Ryu, Ken, Abel, Honda, Zangief, Balrog, Sagat, Vega, Dhalsim, Guile (Doctrine Dark cosplay!!!), DeeJay, Dudley, Guy, Adon, Cody, Yun, Yang, Decapre, Poison, Rolento.  In fact, I think the Ryu, Guy, Dudley, Decapre, Yun, Yang, and possibly Rolento are my favorite costumes among those that they have available.

Meh costumes: Dan, Gouken (King Triton?  Weird enough to be too weird, but I admire their boldness), El Fuerte, Rufus, Abel, Bison, Gen, Blanka, Fei Long, Sakura, Rose, Chun-Li, Cammy, T. Hawk, Elena and Evil Ryu, Hakan, Hugo.

Dislike: Akuma, Seth, Crimson Viper, Makoto, Ibuki, Juri, Oni.

Some of them are just too Japanese, and globally, they just seem stupid (that's been the case for most of the DLC costume options, though--there are a few that are just two weird, too traditionally Japanese, for me to ever think that they look good.

No comments: