Friday, January 22, 2010

List of games

I like making lists. I like it probably quite a bit too much, actually.

And yet, here's my first one. I like to collect games in this genre. My wife kinda rolls her eyes at this, especially when she can't really tell the difference between them. I have to admit, she has a point; a lot of the games are certainly very similar. Still, the whole point of collecting is to get more. Although I don't yet have one of the current gens of console, nor am I in a particular hurry to pick one up, I've got pretty much everything that predates King of Fighters XII and Street Fighter IV that I want to have.

Almost.

A couple of years ago, I thought that meant I was really about done collecting, but now it looks like there's a future of at least some kind with this genre after all, so I'll eventually need to overcome enough inertia to pick up an Xbox 360 or PS3. In the meantime, here's what I've got, including the very small list of games I want to buy. This list includes compilations, but it does not include the titles within the compilation... I'll reserve another post for that. Titles are separated by system, and systems are listed in the order I bought the system, not necessarily the order I got the games. I don't remember that anyway. Titles are listed in no particular order at all.

SNES
Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II
Fatal Fury Special
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Playstation
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Darkstalkers 3
Capcom vs. SNK Pro
Marvel Superheroes
King of Fighters '95
King of Fighters '99

Dreamcast
King of Fighters Dream Match 1999
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Xbox
Capcom Classics Collection
Capcom Classics Collection 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
King of Fighters 02/03
King of Fighters: Neowave
SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos

Playstation 2
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
King of Fighters XI
Fatal Fury Battle Archives
Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2

The only game that I for sure want to buy and haven't is the King of Fighters 00/01 PS2 collection. I might go for the Art of Fighting collection by SNK, but... probably not. I don't remember particularly liking those games when I played them in arcades. After that... I'm essentially done.

No comments: