Monday, August 2, 2010

Lurching to life a little bit...

I never did follow through on my three post series, did I? There's two reasons for that, 1) my interest in these games has always been a cyclical pattern of waxing and waning; sometimes I'm extremely interested in them for weeks (or more) at a time, and other times I literally don't think of them at all for weeks or months at a time. I went through a "fallow" period there were they were off my radar, and I was doing other things. And 2) my hardware issues left me bereft of a large number of my titles, unable to play them.

1) has cyclically turned, and now I'm interested again, and 2) should be resolved today or tomorrow as I go and buy another PS2 to replace my old one (I also tossed my PS1 when I got the PS2, so I really had a lot of games unavailable...)

Last night, however, I did break out my Xbox and a few of the titles that I have for that system. I played a bit of Capcom vs. SNK 2 using Ken just to warm myself up again to the rhythm of these games and use a familiar character to get back into the groove.

In any case, I hope to start up the three series again... two of which I never actually started. As a refresher, for myself as much as for any readers (of which I'm skeptical that I have any anyway):
  • Game feature
  • Old School Crawl
  • Street Fighter clones

Two of those could have been done without having a working system anyway, so they're long overdue.

No comments: