Thursday, May 19, 2011

Capcom vs. SNK 2 for PS2

Well, for whatever reason, it's not too difficult to find PS2 copies of this game. Since my Xbox version has pretty much died, and since my PS2 has become my main console for all these games (I only have a handful of games only for the Xbox now, and of them, only KoF2002 and KoF2003 are worth getting into very often) this seemed like a good move. On a whim, I went by Gamestop and picked up a copy yesterday.

Of course, my Xbox savefile had Ultimate Rugal and Shin Akuma unlocked already, as well as a number of custom color edits. I whipped up one of Ken (although it's not perfect; I'll need to tinker with it) that is the "ivory" Ken color from SFIII:TS, or something close to it, and played through with the difficulty turned down.

One noticeable thing about this: with the difficulty turned down, the game is really easy, even though I'm a bit rusty with this particular game. So it wasn't hard to qualify for fighting Ultimate Rugal. However, even with the difficulty way down, Ultimate Rugal is still terribly hard to play. Ugh. I couldn't beat him before I ran out of time last night. I probably won't have time tonight either. I'll have to see what I can do with that this weekend.

Also noticed that in Training mode, the two boss stages weren't available. Maybe I have to unlock them first? I didn't remember that.

No comments: