Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gaming again

After struggling with an extremely stressful many-week run at work, I needed something that required perhaps a bit less thought than reading, and which was less likely to cause me to fall asleep on the couch than watching movies, especially ones I already own and have seen before. The obvious answer, of course, was to plug in my old consoles and breaking out my karate supers games again, which I had played very sporadically and mostly not very much at all the last several months. The last week or so I've given it a much more concerted go at playing more frequently and getting back into practice with the games and characters that I like. I haven't done much with my Xbox titles, and I haven't yet turned on my Dreamcast at all, so it's so far all been Playstation titles. King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, King of Fighters XI, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel Superheroes, King of Fighters '99, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 are so far the titles I've explored, which is really quite a lot.

I know it seems unlikely that at the rate I'm going I'm ever going to finish my fanfic in my lifetime (or get an Xbox 360 so I can play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, Super Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match or King of Fighters XII) I'd like to think that that prognostication is overly pessimistic. I've made a few minor tweaks to the fanfic actually already, and have started outlining some future chapters.

Anyway, I'm still a bit braindead from being so busy all the time with my real life, which means that my hobbies are suffering tremendously, but I do still need to occasionally get my thoughts out of my head and on screen, at least. Hopefully I'll get to blogging more frequently on all my blogs soon.

No comments: